February 25, 2013
In our last blog post, we cited our 13 top culinary trends for 2013.
Today we cover the top-10 drink menu trends for beverages, gathered from members of the United States Bartenders Guild.
United States Bartenders Guild Top-10 Drink Menu Trends for 2013
1. Onsite barrel-aged drinks.
2. Food-liquor/cocktail pairings.
3. Culinary cocktails using fresh, savory ingredients.
4. Micro-distilled/artisan liquor.
5. Locally produced spirits.
6. Locally sourced fruit, berries, and produce.
7. Beer sommeliers (cicerones).
8. Regional signature cocktails.
9. Beer-based cocktails.
10. Locally produced beer.
Source: National Restaurant Association